FriarBall: Spring Training Game 10 Preview: White Sox at Padres

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Training Game 10 Preview: White Sox at Padres

Chicago vs. San Diego
at Peoria Sports Complex, 12:05 p.m. PT

It's Randy Wolf's turn once again to try and lock down that No. 4 starting spot as he leads the Padres against Jose Contreras and the White Sox.

While I think a lot of emphasis is being placed on the performance of our pitchers (I am using the term loosely), I think I am now more interested in how Chase Headley performs the rest of the spring. I think he could really force the Padres hand here and make it hard not to start him. I know, I am getting excited over spring stats but it looks like he is really doing a good job of hitting so far. It might be time to get him adjusted to the majors so we can start reaping the rewards.

No comments: