FriarBall: Freedom

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Freedom

So after having my wife constantly ask me if I wanted anything to do with the sparklers we were lighting in celebration of the Fourth of July - and having her try numerous times to unsuccessfully spell words with her sparkler while shooting pictures in fireworks mode - I decided to show a little loyalty.



And then after coming home and seeing our boys battling in a close game, I have to say I was surprised to see Scott Linebrink do so well tonight (even though he gave up a hit). He got the first two batters out with relative quickness and ended up throwing only 11 pitches to 4 batters. I want to see Linebrink do well and it seems that SD has made its moves to improve the offense already so we should really be rooting for Linebrink to succeed. He could still eventually go, but the better his reputation is when he leaves the more we can get in return.

It was a shame Chris Young's gem wasn't rewarded with a win for him but I want to go on record and say he is probably the most underrated pitcher in baseball. Thursday's game will be critical to winning the series and it's great to see the only pitcher better than Young scheduled to start. Look for Jake Peavy to have one of his best performances of the season.

No comments: