FriarBall: Look at me

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Look at me

Alright, I admit it, I'm the Johnny-come-lately of the group and all of the news going on today has been reported on other sites and blogs. But that doesn't mean I still don't want to throw my two pennies into the void known only as the internet.

First things first, Tuesday's game. Got to love beating up on a team that can't figure out which way is up. Steve Trachsel got bombed, Jake Peavy was great for five innings (too bad he pitched that sixth) and the game went on forever. I TIVO'd the thing and started watching around 11 ET and when I turned the TIVO'd portion off around 1 ET because I didn't get the whole thing recorded, the game was still on! Got to love getting a lot of offense from a lot of different people but the fact that Khalil Greene actually went 4-for-5 when he is usually striking out every other at bat impressed me the most.

Today's game should be no different, the O's have nothing to throw at the Padres and Justin Germano is on a roll. While new addition Michael Barrett will not be in the lineup tonight, it sounds like he has a good rapport with former Cubbie Greg Maddux and Peavy so if those two guys like him, I'm excited to see what he can bring to this offense. And with Barrett's seemingly consistent presence on ESPN for his "spirited" play, a little more exposure for the Padres should be a good deal as well.

No comments: